This white lasagna is simple and elegant. A decadent bechamel sauce marries with segments of steamed asparagus and smoked ham chunks, baked to perfection until golden brown.
- cutting board
- Baking pan
- Saute pan
- 10 oz lasagna noodles flat, uncooked
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 lb smoked ham sliced or diced
- 2 cups bechamel sauce please refer to the Stuffed zucchini-Moussaka style, for the bechamel recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp thyme
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- Wash and cut the asparagus into 1/2 inch segments; steam them in the microwave for 3-5 minutes; meanwhile preheat the saute' pan with the butter; saute' the asparagus for 3 minutes.1 lb asparagus, 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the over at 375 degrees; heat the bechamel and cut the ham into 1/4 inch strips; prepare to assemble your lasagna.2 cups bechamel sauce, 1/2 lb smoked ham
- Grease the baking pan with the remaining butter and place a couple of tablespoons of bechamel on the bottom of the pan; add 3 sheets of pasta; top with the asparagus and the ham and add more bechamel; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and continue until all the ingredients are gone.10 oz lasagna noodles, 1 tbsp thyme, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or follow the directions of the package.
Lasagna is a very versatile dish made with lasagna strips and layered with different ingredients, combined with a sauce and then baked for a decadent, indulgent and festive pasta dish that everyone will love. Traditionally made with a tomato and meat sauce, this particular version utilizes fresh asparagus, for a lighter texture and flavor. This version of my lasagna is often prepared around the holidays, when asparagus are rare to find because they’re not in season and, therefore, this makes it even more special. So, if you’re looking for a twist on a traditional Italian holiday dish, this is it!
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1058IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg