Tangy lamb sauce
This sauce will satisfy the goat cheese lover. It incorporates fresh lemon juice with goat cheese for a tangy flavor that complements my slowly braised lamb stew.
- cutting board
- mixing bowl
- microplane or cheese grater
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz goat cheese fresh
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 mint sprig destemmed, leaves chopped
- 4 parsley sprigs chopped
- 4 cilantro sprigs chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream and goat cheese.1/2 cup sour cream, 4 oz goat cheese
- Place the herbs and garlic on a cutting board and chop them finely; zest the lemon and then juice.1/2 lemon, 1 garlic clove, 1 mint sprig, 4 parsley sprigs, 4 cilantro sprigs
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl and mix to combine; add salt and pepper; mix to combine and taste prior to serving.salt and pepper to taste
This tangy sauce can be used as a dipping sauce as well as a sandwich or panini spread.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg