Apple and fennel salad
Thinly sliced fennel and green apples are combined into a refreshing salad with a sweet and tangy raspberry vinaigrette.
- cutting board
- mixing bowl
- mason jar
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- lemon juice from half lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil, to emulsify
- 1 tbsp honey
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a mason jar, combine the raspberries, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oil; let macerate for about 15 minutes; then shake the jar very well; if the raspberries don't break apart completely, use a fork to mash them and then shake the dressing again.1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen, lemon juice from half lemon, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp grapeseed oil, to emulsify
- Wash the fennel and the apple; remove the stems and the core from the fennel; thinly slice and place in a bowl.1 fennel bulb
- Cut the apple in half, remove the core and thinly slice; place in the bowl.1 granny smith apple
- Toss the dressing with the apple and fennel and enjoy.
This unique salad will add a touch of color to your festive table. It is very easy to make and is refreshing. As always, add your dressing a little at a time, taste and adjust the amount as needed. Add some fresh raspberries for garnish.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 108IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg