An easy, quick and delicious weeknight chicken dinner with an intense pizzeria flavor (and smell).
- Sautee Pan
- cutting board
- 3 chicken breasts butterflied and thinned
- 12 oz tomato sauce plain
- 6 mozzarella slices 1/4 inch thick, about 2oz each
- 1 tbsp oregano or to taste
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- Preheat a large sautee pan with the extra virgin olive oil; add the chicken breasts and cook until lightly brown, about 10 minutes, season with salt, pepper, oregano and pepper flakes; remove from the heat and set aside.3 chicken breasts, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan, bring to a simmer and season with salt, pepper, oregano and pepper flakes; add the chicken breasts and simmer for about 15 minutes.12 oz tomato sauce, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the heat off; top the chicken with the mozzarella slices; cover the pan and allow for the cheese to melt , about 5 minutes; add additional oregano to the top of the melted mozzarella and serve.6 mozzarella slices
This simple entree brings me back to the time when I was much younger and I just started enjoying time in the kitchen. My very first own seasoned sauce was made exactly the way I described it in the recipe. But in this particular case, I used the sauce that I made over the summer with fresh tomatoes. This recipe is meant to be easy, flavorful, and wholesome. I served it with Israeli couscous and a garden salad.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 689IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg