Fancy grilled polenta squares
A wholesome appetizer that will satisfy the whole family
- Large saucepan
- rectangular baking pan
- sheet pan
- cutting board
- 1/4 lb uncooked polenta
- 1/3 small caciotta cheese can substitute with aged cheddar
- 1/3 small scamorza cheese can substitute with smoked gouda
- 1/4 small jar of sundried tomatoes drained of the oil
- 1/2 cup mushroom ragu' recipe to come soon
- 1/2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves chopped
- olive oil to coat the polenta
- salt to taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- Cook the polenta according to the package directions, pour on a deep baking pan, leveling the polenta and cool completely (can be made ahead of time).1/4 lb uncooked polenta
- Chop the rosemary and place in a small bowl with a dash of salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Do the same with the thyme.1/2 tbsp thyme leaves, 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves, salt to taste
- Once cooled, cut the polenta into 2 inches squares, lightly oil, sprinkle half with salt and thyme and half with salt and rosemary and grill in a preheat grill at 500 degrees until char marks form and the outside becomes crusty, about 20 minutes.olive oil
- Cut the cheeses into small squares to fill the top of the polenta squares; chop the sundried tomatoes.1/3 small caciotta cheese, 1/3 small scamorza cheese, 1/4 small jar of sundried tomatoes
- Place the polenta on a sheet pan, top the half of thyme flavored with a slice of sundried tomato and caciotta and the rosemary flavored with a spoonful of mushroom ragù and a piece of scamorza.1/2 cup mushroom ragu'
- Return to the grill and and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 0.3mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg