Spicy roasted chickpeas
A fun and tasty appetizer that's economical and fun to make
- 26×18 sheet pan
- fine mesh strainer
- 2 cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper more if desired
- 1/4 tbsp garlic powder more if desired
- 1/4 tbsp red pepper flakes more if desired
- 1/4 tbsp cumin more if desired
- 2 tbsp freshly minced rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Gather your ingredients
- Preheat the oven @ 350 degrees; open the cans of chickpeas, drain and rinse; lightly grease a sheet pan.2 cans chickpeas, 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the flour with all the spices and rosemary, plus the salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas and mix thoroughly.1/2 cup flour, salt & pepper to taste, 1/2 tbsp paprika, 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tbsp garlic powder, 1/4 tbsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 tbsp cumin, 2 tbsp freshly minced rosemary
- Dump the chickpeas mixture in a strainer and shake off the excess seasoning.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Before serving, liberally sprinkle salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately and enjoy while warm.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg