Prosciutto butter on seared salmon
A flavorful butter blended with Italian prosciutto and fresh rosemary accompany seared salmon steaks.
- cutting board
- plastic wrap
- Sautee Pan
- mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, unsalted and at room temperature
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 10 oz salmon steaks divided into 2 steaks
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- Cut the butter into chunks and place it in a bowl; blend the butter with a fork until creamy.1/2 cup butter
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs and chop them finely; add the rosemary to the butter and mix to combine.2 tbsp rosemary
- Chop the prosciutto; add to the compound and blend until completely combined.2 slices of prosciutto
- Reserve some of the butter for the recipe; spread the remaining compound into a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log; store in the refrigerator until the next use.
- Preheat a sautee pan with the avocado oil on high heat; season the salmon with salt and pepper.1 tbsp avocado oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Quickly sear the salmon steaks, about 3 minutes per side; place 1 tablespoon of prosciutto butter over each steak during the last minute of cooking. Serve immediately and enjoy!10 oz salmon steaks
My husband inspired this recipe when he suggested I try to make a compound butter out of some leftover prosciutto. So, I tried to make it and I served it with salmon. The flavor was so good with the saltiness of the prosciutto, the freshness of the rosemary, and the sweetness of the salmon. Compound butters are easy to make and can accompany various recipes, giving your dish a unique flavor.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 811mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg